If you are dissatisfied with our services, please let the lawyer concerned know. If you do not feel comfortable contacting the lawyer, or if talking to the lawyer did not have the desired outcome, you can contact the complaints officer of Pact Lawyers. The complaints officer will then address your complaint following the procedure explained below and share the outcome with you.
Article 1 definitions
In this complaint handling procedure, the following definitions apply:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client with the lawyer or the persons working under his or her responsibility with regard to the formation and execution of a client engagement for professional services, the quality of the services provided or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in article 4 of the Netherlands Lawyers Act;
- complainant: the client or their representative who makes a complaint;
- complaints officer: the lawyer in charge of handling the complaint;
Article 2 scope
- This office complaints procedure applies to every engagement for professional services signed between Pact advocaten and the client.
- Every lawyer at Pact Advocaten addresses complaints in accordance with the office complaints procedure
Article 3 objectives
The objectives of this office complaints procedure are:
- to lay down a procedure to handle client complaints in a constructive and timely manner;
- to lay down a procedure to identify the reasons why clients complain;
- to maintain and improve existing relationships by addressing complaints adequately;
- to train staff members in addressing complaints in a client orientated manner;
- to improve the quality of the services we provide with the aid of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4 Information at the start of our services
- This office complaints procedure has been made public. Before signing the engagement letter, the lawyer points out to the client that the firm has a complaints procedure and that this applies to the services provided.
- Pact Lawyers has included their general terms and conditions and in the engagement letter that if a complaint has not been dealt with to satisfaction, it is possible to submit the complaint to an independent party or organisation to obtain a binding decision.
- Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this office complaints procedure that have not been resolved will be submitted to the Amsterdam District Court.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to Lex Taytelbaum, who acts as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer notifies the person who is the subject of the complaint (the complainee) that the complaint has been filed and gives complainant and complainee the opportunity to provide their details on the complaint.
- The complainee tries to find a solution together with the client, whether or not after the intervention of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer handles the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint or informs the complainant that this period will be longer, explaining why, and in what time limit an opinion will be given on the complaint.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant and the complainee in writing whether the complaint is found to be valid and may give recommendations.
- If the complaint has been addressed to satisfaction, the complainant, the complainee and the complaints officer sign the opinion on the validity of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality, no charges for complaint handling
- The complaints officer and the complainee will observe confidentiality when handling the complaint.
- The complainant is not liable to pay us any compensation for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The complainee keeps the complaints officer informed about any contact and a possible solution.
- The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed about the status of the complaint handling.
- The complaints officer keeps record of the complaint file.
Article 8 keeping record of the complaint
- The complaints officer keeps record of the complaint and the subject matter of the complaint.
- A complaint may relate to several subject matters.